The ratio between the carrots and brussels sprout can be changed according to your taste/preference.
- 1 ½ cups shredded/chopped Brussels Sprout
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 2 – 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- Few curry leaves
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seed
- Couple of dried red chilies broken into 2 – 3 pieces
- Add Brussels sprout to a saucepan and add salt, chili powder, water and cover and cook on medium flame until ¾ done. If needed sprinkle a little water at time to prevent burning.
- Now add shredded carrot and cook for another 1 minute
- Set aside
- In another skillet add oil and add mustard seeds.
- One mustard seed start splattering add onion and sauté until golden
- Add curry leaves and red chili and sauté for another minute
- Add cooked Brussels sprout carrot mixture to the onion and mix well
- Serve warm with rice