- ½ lb cauliflower florets
- ½ lb potatoes
- 1 ½ teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 – 2 ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon milk/coconut milk
- 2 – 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 green chilies slit length wise
- 1 – 2 teaspoon rice flour
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast coriander and cumin seeds and let cool
- Par boil potatoes
- Grind them together into a powder (No need to be a fine powder, it can be coarse)
- Add ground cumin-coriander powder, chili powder, and turmeric powder to milk/coconut milk and mix well without any lumps to make a thick mixture and set aside.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, peel and cut them into about ½ inch cubes
- Add oil to a saucepan and when hot add slit green chilies and fry for about 30 seconds in very low flame (be careful not to burn which can emit strong spicy smell)
- Add cauliflower florets to the saucepan and fry for about 5 minutes
- Now add the spicy milk/coconut milk mixture to the cauliflower and then add the potatoes, salt and mix them well
- Fry them on low flame for another 5 minutes. If it gets too dry and start to burn, sprinkle little water at time.
- ** Sprinkle rice flour over the potato-cauliflower and mix very well making sure not to mash the potatoes
- Fry on low flame until done.
- Serves about 4 as a side dish
**Note: The reason to add rice flour is to make the cauliflower and potatoes become a bit crispy.