I was thinking about making some sweet which should be quite healthy but at the same time quite easy to make. So came up with this idea. I used ground almond which gives this sweet dish a crunchy taste. Also I have added less sugar and ghee compared to the normal kesari and other Indian Sweets.
- ½ cup semolina (Rava)
- ½ cup ground almond (almond meal)
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 ½ teaspoons ghee
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- Yellow food coloring 1 – 2 drops
- About 12-14 cashew nuts broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Cardamom powder
- Add ½ teaspoon ghee to a skillet and fry cashew nuts and raisins until cashew nuts are golden and raisins are puffed. Set aside.
- Add semolina and almond meal to a deep saucepan and add about 3 teaspoons ghee and roast on medium flame for about 5 minutes
- Add sugar, fried raisins, cashew nuts to the saucepan and mix well
- Add hot water slowly to the saucepan while stirring continuously. At this point add food coloring
- Cook on medium-low flame stirring continuously
- Once the mixture start thickening, add cardamom powder and the rest of the ghee and cook until all the water is absorbed and the kesari starts leaving the pan at the edges
- Serve warm.
- Yields: 4 – 6 servings