- 1 cup shredded leeks + carrots
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 green chili
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Water to mix dough
- Shred carrots and chop leeks into fine pieces
- Chop green chilies into small pieces (rounds)
- Add oil to a skillet and when hot add chopped onion and sauté until transparent.
- Add carrot, leek, and green chili and sauté on low flame until cooked
- Season with salt and let cool
- to make the dough, mix flour salt and oil and add the cooked vegetables
- add enough water to make the dough
- transfer dough to a bowl and cover with a plastic wrap and leave in a warm place for about ½ hour.
- To make the roti, divide dough into 10 portions.
- Take a portion and place on a board and sprinkle a little flour and roll out with a rolling pin into thin rotis
- Cook rotis on a skillet on both sides until done.
- Serve warm with chickpea curry or any other curry
Variation: You can add other vegetables like cauliflower, green beans etc. But make sure you cut them into very fine pieces.