I like to roast vegetables instead of sauteing them on a stove top. Especially with the cold weather and windows shut, sauteing in oil makes the whole house smell. So this is one of the most easiest way to cook vegetables which is quite healthy and time consuming. Once you put the vegetables in the oven, you don’t have to stand next to it. So here is a quick version of Quinoa dish.
- ½ lb vegetables such as green beans, bell pepper, cauliflower, mushrooms.
- ½ lb sweet potato
- 5 red radishes
- About 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flax seed grounded
- ½ teaspoons roasted cumin seeds
- ¾ cup white quinoa
- 1 ¼ cups water
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Slice bell pepper into thin slices. Break the cauliflower into small florets. Slice mushrooms into thick slices. Chop green beans diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- Cut sweet potatoes into about ½ inch cubes
- Add all the vegetables to a cookie sheet with salt and sprinkle with olive oil and mix well
- Bake for about 45 minutes
- Let cool
- To cook Quinoa: add quinoa to a skillet and roast lightly on medium flame. About 5 minutes.
- Stir water and salt to quinoa and bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and simmer until all the water is absorbed. About 10 minutes
- Let cool. Now mix vegetable with quinoa and season with salt and pepper
- Serve with mango pickle.
- Serves 2 as a main dish