- 1 medium zucchini
- 6 oz sliced white mushroom
- ½ cup red onion sliced
- 1 green chili slit lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Slit zucchini lengthwise and cut diagonally into thin slices and set aside
- Dry roast coriander and cumin seeds lightly and let cool. Once cool grind to a fine powder
- Add oil to a covered saucepan and sauté onion lightly golden
- Add green chili and sauté for one more minute
- Add ground coriander-cumin and chili powder to the saucepan and mix well. Make sure the flame is set to very low. Otherwise it will start smoking
- Add zucchini, mushroom, and coconut milk and cook on medium flame for about 6-7 minutes.
- If the curry starts drying out, sprinkle a little water – about 1 – 2 tablespoons.
- Serve warm with rice or Rotis
Yields: 2-3 servings as a side dish.