- 1 lb frozen pizza dough
- ¾ lb potatoes
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- ¼ cup green peas
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-2 teaspoon canola oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chili
- Few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Thaw dough according to package directions or lightly oil the dough and leave at room temperature for about 6 hours
- Boil potatoes until three-quarter done
- Drain and let cool. Peel off the skin and chop them roughly into very small pieces
- Heat oil in a skillet and add onion and sauté until lightly golden
- Add cumin seeds and sauté for another 30 seconds
- Add potatoes, carrots and green peas, chili powder and cook on low flame mixing thoroughly
- If needed sprinkle little water at a time until vegetables are quite done
- Add crushed red chili and curry leaves and cook for another minute
- Let cool
- Pre-heat oven to 375F
- Take the thawed dough and place on a floured surface.
- With a rolling pin spread the dough into square about 10 inch x 6 inch
- Spread the cooked vegetable on the dough evenly leaving about 1 inch around the edge.
- Roll the dough carefully and seal the edges
- Snip off the excess dough from the ends and seal them firmly
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 45 minutes
- To serve, cut them into thick slices.
Instead of rolling like this, you can also make buns – take the thawed dough and make small portions. Make a well in the middle and add a spoon full of cooked vegetable and seal it to make a bun. Bake as mentioned above.