- 4 oz pasta such as Penne, Rotini etc.
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1, 10 oz pack frozen mixed vegetables
- ¼ teaspoon cumin (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ¾ cups pasta sauce
- ¼ cup low fat ricotta cheese
- About 1 cup or more mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Cook pasta and drain. Set aside
- Add pasta saucepan and ricotta cheese to a saucepan and cook on medium heat until ricotta cheese is melted and sauce start bubbling.
- Set aside
- Pre heat oven to 400F
- Add oil to a skillet and when hot add onion and sauté until soft
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute or two
- Now add cumin and fry until fragrant.
- Thaw vegetables and add to the skillet and cook until all the water is absorbed and the vegetables are soft. Add chili powder
- Now add the cooked sauce to the vegetables and mix well.
- Add cooked pasta to the vegetables and mix thoroughly
- Transfer to a oven proof dish and sprinkle generously with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly
- Let cool and when serving sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese
- Serves: about 2 – 3 as a main dish