- 6 oz Buckwheat Soba Noodles
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon chili paste (you can buy them in Chinese or Korean stores)
- 6 oz button mushrooms
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 medium carrot
- 5 oz tofu
- 1 bunch baby bok-choy
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Mix soy sauce and lemon juice and set aside.
- Wash tofu in cold water and wrap in paper towels. Put a light weight on top of it and leave for about 10 minutes to drain.
- Cut tofu into about 1 inch (or a bit smaller) cubes
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with oil and spread tofu in one layer and bake at 400F for about 20 minutes.
- In the mean time, thinly slice garlic, onion, carrot, bell pepper and mushrooms
- Wash bok-choy and cut the thick stems off the leaves. Tear the leaves into small pieces. Cut the stem into one inch pieces
- Heat oil in a skillet and add garlic, onion, carrot, mushroom, bell pepper and the bok-choy stem and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add chili paste and bok-choy leaves and fry for another 1-2 minutes or until bok-choy leaves are wilted.
- Add cooked noodles and baked tofu to the skillet and add the soy-lemon mixture and mix well and cook for a minute on low flame.
- Add crushed pepper and mix well.
- Season with salt.
Serves 2 as a main dish