When I came back from work last Friday, I was thinking what to make that is light and refreshing for the weekend. It was a hot day. I knew the weekend was also going to be hot. So I had some left over mango lassi. Immediately I knew what I wanted for the weekend – Panna Cotta with Mango lassi. I also had a lot of fresh blueberries in the refrigerator. Well with all these I came up with this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups Vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup mango lassi
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 2 tablespoons hot water
For the blueberry sauce
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
Make Panna Cotta:
- Whisk mango lassi and yogurt and leave aside
- Put gelatin in hot water and stir to dissolve
- Whisk gelatin mixture into yogurt mixture
- Pour into 4 custard cups and chill over night (about 8 hours)
To make the sauce:
- Put blueberries, sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to boil
- Lower the flame and cook until sauce becomes thick.
- Cool sauce completely
- Run a knife around the edges of the custard cup and gently wiggle the Panna cotta.
- Flip upside down on a plate and spoon blueberry sauce over the Panna Cotta.
- If you don’t have vanilla yogurt, you can use plain yogurt with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- If you cannot get Mango Lassi it can be replaced with butter milk.
- Since I used vanilla yogurt and mango lassi, I did not add any sugar since they have sugar in them. If you are planning to use plain yogurt and butter milk, add about 2 tablespoons of sugar.