I feel like we are already in the middle of summer in the North-East. With this hot and steamy weather, every one is looking for some thing to cool off. I love juice. But when I look at the nutritional values in the label of juice drinks or smoothies they are all loaded with lots of sugar. So I decided to make my own juice this summer. This morning I made this Carrot Ginger juice. with the sweetness of the veggies and fruits, ginger gives a nice spicy flavor to this juice. Here is the recipe.
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 tart apple (like granny smith)
- 1 large orange
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger
- Peel and wash carrots
- Wash apple and slice them (no need to peel the skin since it gives the tart taste)
- Peel the orange and break into quarters
- Peel and wash the ginger and chop them into rough pieces
- First add carrots to juicer
- Now add ginger and then the rest of the fruits (in this way, you will be getting all the ginger extract into your juice)
- Transfer to a bowl and lime juice (I like lime juice compared to lemon juice since lime juice has a strong taste and better flavor)
- Transfer to juice glasses and add ice if needed.