I like to make fresh juice in summer especially on a hot day like this. We are having the most hottest days for this years and the temperature is scorching to about 100F. So this morning I thought to make this Beet juice with Kale and apples.
- 1/2 of a medium beet
- about 5 fresh kale leaves thick stems removed
- 2 fresh apples (I like granny smith since it has a sour and tart taste)
- Wash and peel beets. Chop them into small chunks
- Wash kale and tear the leaves into rough pieces
- Wash and core apples and just cut them into pieces (no need to peel unless other wise you prefer to do so)
- First add beets to the juice and followed by kale. (Kale does not produce a lot of juice like other fruits. You will get a very small quantity which would be very thick and dark green)
- Now finish off with apples (make sure you do not add kale last. Since the juice is very less, we have to finish off with a fruit or vegetable that gives a lot of juice. This way kale juice will be washed into the container with the apple juice)
- add some ice cubes and enjoy!
- Makes 2 glasses.