- 4 oz Penne Pasta
- about 5 to 6 Kale leaves
- 3/4 cup mixed mushrooms (such as portabella, oyster, button mushroom etc.)
- 4 – 5 halves of sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (may be more according to taste)
- Cook pasta, drain and keep aside
- Discard thick stems of kale. Wash and roughly chop into big pieces
- Clean mushrooms. cut them into thick slices.
- Chop sun dried tomatoes into small pieces
- Add oil to a skillet and when hot, add Kale and saute/cook for about 3 minutes in high heat stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and saute/cook for another 3 minutes on high heat
- Reduce flame and add sun dried tomatoes and saute for about a minute
- Add pasta to the skillet and mix well
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese ( mixed the cheese into the pasta which I always like)
- Serves 2
Note: If you like olives, you can add a couple of black (kalamata) olives at the end.