- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ½ cup mashed bananas (about 1 small banana)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup castor sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats (not the quick cooking)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a bottom of sides of a 9×5 inch loaf pan with waxed paper and grease with butter
- In a bowl, lightly beat the egg. Beat in the butter
- Stir in apple sauce, bananas, vanilla extract and both sugars
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Add dry ingredients into the banana mixture in three batches
- Fold in raisins and walnuts and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle evenly the rolled oats.
- Bake for about an hour or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean
- Let stand in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Makes 1 loaf