I saw this recipe on Better Homes and Gardens website which is one of my favorite websites (http://www.bhg.com). When made, most of their recipes come out extremely good and in perfect shape. So when I saw this recipe, I kept thinking of making and this weekend was the perfect timing since my friend had a get together. The number of cheesecake squares mentioned on the site perfectly matched the number of people got invited. So I decided to make this cheese cake and it was a hit at the party. I replaced pecans with walnuts and reduced the granulated sugar to ½ cup instead of 2/3 cups for the cream cheese filling.
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter melted
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 14 oz can condensed milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven to 350F
- For the Crust: in a large bowl combine flour, melted butter, 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts, and the powdered sugar. Mix well and press mixture evenly into a bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Bake for about 20 minutes or until crust is set and light golden on the edges.
- For the Filling: in a large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs and beat well. Beat in condensed milk, granulated sugar, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Pour filling over baked crust and return to oven and bake at 350F for about 35-40 minutes or until set. Let Cool
- For the Praline Topping: in a medium saucepan combine brown sugar and whipping cream and cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils. Reduce flame and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract and chopped walnuts. Pour topping over the baked cheesecake and spread evenly over the cake.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours before serving.
- Cut into squares. Makes 48 servings