- 1 large potato (yields 2 cups shredded potatoes)
- 1 small green squash (yields 1 cup grated green squash)
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chives to garnish
- Peel the potato and grate with a coarse grater.
- Wash the grated potato for about 3-4 times (The reason to wash after grating is to remove the starch. Starch makes the potatoes to stick to a pan when frying/sautéing So when you wash away the starch, it would be easy to fry).
- Transfer grated potatoes to a large bowl.
- Stir in the grated squash, salt and pepper
- Divide the potato mixture into 4 portions of equal size.
- Take each portion and make them into a ball. Then flatten them between your palms to make a patty.
- Heat oil in a skillet and cook 2 of the patties over high heat for about 1 minute on each side.
- Reduce heat and cook patties on both sides until crisp (about 5 minutes).
- Drain on paper towel.
- Garnish with chives (optional)
- Serve hot
- Yields 4 patties