- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Pinch of salt
- Butter for skillet
Coconut Almond Filling:
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup finely shredded unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blue berries
- ½ cup fresh black berries
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- Lightly beat egg. Add oil, and milk and mix well
- Sift flour and salt into the egg mixture (the reason I sift them into the egg mixture is to avoid any lumping)
- Heat a 12 inch skillet and brush with melted butter.
- Pour about 3 tablespoon of batter into the pan
- Swirl to cover the base of skillet
- Cook for about 30 seconds or until edges are crisp
- Turn over cook until lightly browned.
For the Filling:
- Mix together almond meal, coconut, sugar and milk until it becomes a paste.
For the Sauce:
- Add berries into a saucepan and add orange zest, orange juice and let macerate for about 30 minutes
- Cook in a medium flame until sauce thickens.
- Spread about a teaspoon or two on a crepe and fold it into a quarter
- Do the same for the rest of the crepes
- Arrange 2 crepes in a plate and spoon sauce
Yields: about 6 Crepes