- 5 oz all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 oz castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 2 oz walnuts chopped
- 8 extra walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line 8 muffin cups with paper liners
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together oil and egg until light and fluffy
- Beat in sugar, vanilla extract, orange juice, and orange peel until smooth
- Mix in bananas
- With mixer running in low speed, beat in flour slowly.
- Add chopped walnuts and mix well
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups filling them to three-quarter full
- Place a walnut on top of each muffin
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin pan for about 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely
- Yield: 8 normal size muffins.