- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed ornge juice
- ¾ cup toasted mixed nuts (such as cashew nuts, walnuts, almonds, and hazelnuts)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Recips of Chocolate-Hazelnut frosting
- 1/3 cup toasted mixed nuts (such as cashew nuts, walnuts, almonds, and hazelnuts)
- ¼ cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 3-4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cups powdered (confectioners) sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and lightly flour a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separte bowl whisk together egg, maple syrup, oil, and orange juice.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine
- Stir in the 1½ cups nuts and chocolate chips
- Spreak in prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack and spread with chocolate hazelnut frosting.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the nuts.
For Hazelnut spread:
- In a bowl combine chocolate-hazelnut spread, fat-free milk, and pure maple syrup. Stir in unsweetened cocoa powder. Stir in powdered sugar until spreading consistency.
Source: adapted and modified from Four Nut bar – Better Homes & Gardens