- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup almond meal/ground almonds
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- About 15-20 whole almonds
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside
- Lightly beat egg whites. Add almond meal, sugar, and almond extract and beat with an electric mixer until combined and mixture is soft
- Let stand in the bowl for about 5 minutes
- Spoon mixture into a piping bag with about 1 inch nozzle. Pipe mixture onto the tray in circular motion until about 1 – 1 ½ inches.
- Top each cookie with a whole almond.
- Cover unbaked cookies with a foil and stand at room temperature for a couple of hours
- Pre heat oven to 350F.
- Bake cookies for about 12-15 minutes or lightly browned
- Let stand cookies on tray for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely
- Yields: 16-20 cookies (depending on how big each cookie is)