- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- 1 ¼ cups fresh cranberries
- Pre heat oven to 375F. Lightly grease 10 muffin tin cup or lightly grease 10 muffin paper cups and place them in the muffin tins
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl beat together egg, orange juice, sugar, and oil.
- Add orange peel, and flour mixture and stir until just blended
- Fold in cranberries and mix carefully not to crush the cranberries
- Fill paper cups ¾ way and bake for about 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Cool in tin for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- Yields: 10 muffins