- ½ lb asparagus
- ½ lb portabella caps (stems removed)
- 7-8 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon coriander seed
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds lightly roasted
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Crush coriander and cumin seed with a mortar and pestle and set aside.
- Peel and cut garlic cloves into thin slices
- Remove the thick end stems of asparagus and peel the thick parts. Cut diagonally into about one inch pieces.
- Add oil to a skillet and when hot add sliced garlic and cut asparagus and sauté for about five minutes in medium flame.
- Lower the flame and add mushroom, crushed coriander and cumin and sauté for another 8 minutes
- Add crushed pepper flakes and sauté for about 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- Lightly crush the sesame seed and mix into the asparagus and mushroom. Turn off heat and let stand for about 5 minutes
- Yields about 2-3 as an accompaniment
- Note: This can be eaten with rice or as is as a snack. For a twist as a snack, divide the cooked asparagus, and mushroom into separate plates and top with shredded parmesan cheese.