- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried kidney beans
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 small zucchini or squash
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2-3 teaspoons cooking oil
- salt to taste
- Soak kidney beans over night
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to a covered saucepan and bring to a rolling boil.
- wash bulgur and drain. Add washed bulgur to the sauce pan with salt and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Bring to a rolling boil
- Reduce flame to low and cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Set aside to cool (you should let the bulgur cool completely before mixing it with the veggies. Otherwise bulgur will clump and become soggy)
- Cook kidney beans until soft and drain.
- Cur bell peppers and zucchini into thin one inch long strips
- Add cooking oil to skillet and when hot add the peppers and zucchini and sauté for about 8 minutes on high flame. Stir frequently to make sure they don’t get burnt
- Add chili pasted and crushed red pepper and mix well and sauté for another 2 minutes
- Add kidney beans and mix well to incorporate the spices
- Mix cooked vegetables with cooked bulgur and serve warm
- Serves: 2 main dishes.