- 4 oz pasta such as Penne
- 1 small bunch kale thick stems removed
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 large portabella mushrooms
- About 4-5 sun dried mushrooms
- Oil spray
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Set aside
- Pre heat oven to 425 F
- Peel and wash sweet potato. Chop into about ½ inch cubes
- Add oil spray to a cookie sheet. Evenly spread sweet potatoes and lightly spray with oil
- Bake for about ½ hour.
- Remove stems of mushrooms and slice diagonally and cut each piece into two
- Wash and drain kale. Remove thick stems and tear leaves into pieces
- Chop sun dried tomatoes into small pieces
- Add extra virgin olive oil to a large skillet and when hot add kale leaves and sauté until they are soft and done.
- Remove from pan
- Now add mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes and sauté for about 3-4 minutes
- Add cooked pasta, and roasted sweet potatoes to the skillet and mix well
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil if you like (optional)
- Yields: 2 servings.