Last week when I went to buy lunch in one of the deli’s I saw this pudding – Chia Seed Coconut Passion fruit pudding. I bought it and when I tried, it was heaven. Immediately I thought I should make this myself. So I got the fresh passion fruits and made it with trial and error to get the right coconut flavor. I used 1% milk with coconut milk. When you add more coconut milk, it gives better flavor. You can use 1 cup coconut milk instead of using half coconut milk and half regular milk. The reason I did this was to avoid any cholesterol. This can be a vegan dish as well when milk is replaced completely with coconut milk.
- 2 fresh passion fruits
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ regular milk
- ¼ Chia seed
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- Few cashew nuts toasted
- Cut passion fruit into half and scoop out the pulp.
- Add little water at a time and squeeze out the juice from pulp and strain out the seeds. Reserve the seeds
- Add enough water to the passion fruit concentrate to make it ¼ cup
- Add chia seed to a bowl and add passion fruit juice, coconut milk and regular milk.
- Add sugar and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate for about 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, spoon chia pudding into 3 bowls
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Instead of toasted coconut, roasted cashew nuts can be sprinkle
- Or you can mix both toasted coconut and cashew nuts and sprinkle on the top
- You can also use the passion fruit seeds as a garnish on the top. Passion fruit seed has a very crunchy taste. But it does not have any bitter or sweet taste. I was going to use the passion fruit seeds, but accidentally threw away – bummer. But it would have been the best pudding with crunchy passion fruit seed topping.