- 8 oz extra firm water packed tofu
- 4 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sesame seed oil
- ½ teaspoon white sesame seed
- ½ black sesame seed
- 2 cups sliced portabella mushroom
- 3 cloves garlic thinly slices
- ¼ cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt to taste
- Drain tofu and wrap in a paper towel and leave for about 15-20 minutes to drain
- Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes
- Thinly slice mushroom and set aside.
- Add 2 teaspoons cooking oil and sesame oil to a skillet and when hot add tofu and sauté until golden brown on all sides – about 10 minutes.
- Reduce flame and add sesame seeds and sauté for another one to two minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl taking care all sesame seeds are transferred to the bowl.
- Now add the rest of the cooking oil to skillet and when hot add sliced porabella mushroom, garlic, and onion and sauté until mushroom is browned.
- Mix chili sauce, soy sauce and water together
- Add cooked tofu to skillet and sauce mix, salt and cook further one to two minutes until sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with rice
- Yields: 3 side dish