- 3 green tomatoes (unripe raw tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- Strand of curry leaves
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt to taste
- Add oil to a saucepan and when hot add onion and sauté on low flame until soft
- Half each tomato and add to the saucepan and fry until tomatoes are crisp but lightly browned
- Add curry leaves and fry for another minute.
- Increase flame to medium-high.
- Add water, coconut milk, chili powder, and salt and boil uncovered until gravy is thick – about 10 minutes
- Serve with rice, pittu, or stringhoppers