- 4 zo Rotini
- 8 oz broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup dried navy beans
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 2 teaspoons pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 whole wheat bread slices
- Ground pepper
- salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta, drain and set aside
- Soak navy beans overnight and cook until done. Drain and set aside
- Spread broccoli florets in a cookie sheet and spray with cooking oil Bake in a pre heated oven at 400F for about 20 minutes.
- To make the croutons, brush bread on both sides with extra virgin olive oil and then cut into small squares.
- Heat a skillet and add cut bread cubes and fry for about 5 minutes in very low frame or until golden.
- To assemble, add pasta, broccoli, olives, and navy beans to a large skillet and mix well
- Mix 1 tablespoon olive oil with pesto sauce. Sprinkle over pasta and mix
- Add salt, ground pepper, chopped basil, and croutons and mix well
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if preferred.
- Yield: 2 main dishes