- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 30 (2 packages) baked miniature phyllo shells ( 1 1/2 inch shells)
- 6 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons raspberry extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- To decorate red writing gel and Chocolate Hazelnut sprinkle
- In a small saucepan stir together chocolate pieces and butter on low heat until melted
- While chocolate is hot, with a small spoon add a little bit of chocolate to each phyllo shell and swirl to cover bottom and sides or with a small brush brush bottom and sides with chocolate. Chill the shells for about 15-20 minutes
- Meanwhile in a small bowl stir together cream cheese, sour cream and powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in raspberry extract and milk and mix well
- Transfer cheese mixture to a piping bag and pipe about 1-2 teaspoons into each shell.
- Return to refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- With the red gel add red dots on the cheese mixture
- sprinkle chocolate hazelnut frosting in a zig zag over the phyllo shells.
- Yields 30 mini phyllo cheese cakes.
To make the chocolate hazelnut sprinkle, mix together 1.5 oz chocolate hazelnut spread, 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon orange juice and 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup. Transfer mixture to a small resealable bag plastic bag. snip off a corner of the bag