- 3 oz brown lentil
- 1 medium zucchini (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 /34 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Wash and place brown lentil in a bowl and cover with cold water and soak overnight or for 6-8 hours.
- Cook lentil until three-quarter done
- Cut zucchini into about 1 inch cubes.
- Slice onion thinly
- Add oil to a saucepan and add onion and sauté until translucent
- Add zucchini and fry for a couple of minutes (about 2-3)
- Add partially cooked lentil, vegetable stock, salt, tumeric and cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add milk, cumin powder, and spinach and cook for another one to two minutes
- Season with salt.
- Yields: 2 bowls