- 1 cup sliced tempeh
- 1 small bunch bok-choy
- 6 oz mixed mushrooms (remini, portabella, oyster)
- ½ cup sliced snow peas
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- salt to taste
- ½ cup bulgur
- 1 ½ cups water
- Slice mushrooms thinly. Add one table spoon of the canola oil and once hot, add sliced mushrooms and saute for about 5 minutes
- Sauté snow peas and bok choy stems for about 5 minutes
- Add bok choy leaves and sauté for one minute
- Sauté garlic and set aside
- Add the rest of the oil to the skillet and sauté tempeh for about 2-3 minutes about 1 ½ minutes on each side until tempeh strips are crisp and browned.
- Add sauteed vegetables to the skillet with tempeh, add chili paste and salt and cook for another minute or two.
- Wash bulgur thoroughly
- In a covered sauce pan bring the water to boil. Add bulgur and bring to a rolling boil
- Reduce heat and cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Let stand covered for about 20 minutes
- Transfer cooked bulgur to the vegetable skillet and mix well. Season with salt
- Yields: 2 servings