- ¾ cup quinoa (mixed red and white colored)
- 1 ½ cups water
- 8 oz portabella mushroom
- 8 oz brussels sprouts
- 7 oz water packed extra firm tofu
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- half of a small red onion thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon chili paste
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt to taste
- Add quinoa to a saucepan and roast on a low flame until it has a nutty fragrant, about 5 minutes
- Add water to the saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Reduce flame and cover and cook until all water is absorbed – about 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Wash and quarter brussels sprouts. Slice mushroom into thick slices.
- Drain tofu and cut them into small cubes
- Spray oil to a cookie sheet and spread brussels sprouts, mushrooms, and tofu and roast for about 20-25 minutes. Let cool
- Crumble roasted until it resembles coarse bread crumbs. You can either use your hands or a food processor
- Add canola oil to a skillet and add sliced onion and saute until lightly browned.
- Add crumbled tofu, mushroom, and brussels to the skillet and fry for a minute on low flame
- Add crushed pepper, and chili paste and fry for another 2-3 minutes
- Transfer cooked quinoa to skillet and mix well. Season with salt
- Yields: 2 as main dish.