This fragrant bread recipe should be baked in a 8×4 inch loaf pan. Since I did not have that size, I baked it in the standard 9×5 inch loaf pan. The loaf came out a little small but rose well.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- ¾ cup castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- generous 2 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and grease lightly.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together and set aside.
- Wash blueberries and let dry on a paper towel.
- In a large bowl beat eggs lightly. Add oil and beat oil is incorporated into egg.
- Now add sugar and beat well. Add vanilla extract, and coconut extract and beat together
- Add shredded coconut and mix well.
- Add flour in 2-3 batches and beat until combined well.
- Add chopped walnuts and blueberries and mix until well combined
- Pour into a prepared loaf pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean