- 4 oz butter
- 3 oz castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 oz self rising flour
- Almond meal for coating
- Raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with butter and set aside
- In a bowl beat sugar and butter together. Then beat in the egg and vanilla extract
- Sift flour over the butter mixture and with a spatula mix into a soft dough
- Divide the dough into about 16-20 pieces and roll into small balls. If the dough is too sticky to roll, leave it in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes
- Roll the balls in ground almond and place on the cookie sheet. Slightly press with thumb to flatten.
- Then make a small depression in the middle with your finger and spoon a drop of raspberry preserve in the middle.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown
- Allow cookies to cool in the cookie sheet and then transfer to wire rack.