For the sauce:
- 4 oz strawberries chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
For the filling:
- 1 granny smith apple
- 4 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground almond (almond meal)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the crepes:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- pinch of salt
- extra ground almond for garnish
- oil or butter for skillet
- To make the sauce, add chopped strawberries, orange juice, and castor sugar to a saucepan and cook on medium flame for about 4-5 minutes. Let cool and puree
- To make the filling, add butter to a skillet and when it start to sizzle, add apples and brown sugar and cook apples are lightly soft. Add raisins and cook further one minute. Transfer to a bowl and mix in cinnamon, and ground almonds.
- To make the crepes, beat egg white lightly. Beat in oil and milk. Add salt to the flour. Slowly add milk mixture to the flour and mix well until batter is smooth. It is OK to have a little bit of small lumps.
- Add a little butter to a 9 inch skillet and once it starts sizzling, swirl the pan to coat pan with butter.
- Add a spoon full of batter and swirl to cover pan. Cook until edges are lightly golden. Flip over and cook until done
- Divide filling into four portions.
- To serve, place a portion of apple-raisin filling in the middle of a crepe and fold the edges to form a pouch. Tie the ends with a string.
- Place the pouch on a plate and add sauce. Sprinkle with ground almonds.