- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped button mushroom
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1/2 cup finely ground corn meal
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup thin coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed (optional)
- salt to taste
- Chopped tomato, spring onion, cilantro for garnish
- Add 2 teaspoon oil to a skillet and when hot add mushroom, bell pepper, corn kernels and saute for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add chopped scallion and mix and turn off the heat.
- In a mixing bowl add the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, chili powder, and cumin seed and mix well
- Add coconut milk, water, 1 tablespoon oil and whisk until smooth (batter should be similar to pancake consistency)
- Transfer the sauteed vegetables to the batter and mix well
- Heat a skillet and spray a little oil. Pour mixture spoonful of batter and cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn over and cook further 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with toppings as mentioned above or any of your favorite topping.
- This will go well with tomato-chili salsa or even a dollop of sour cream (optional and non vegan)
- Yields: 6-8 pancakes
Source: Chelvi’s Original