I was browsing for a recipe that uses tahini and came across this recipe on the food & wine website. This recipe is so simple and quick. A very healthy and gluten free recipe as well. The combination of honey and tahini gives these cookies a pleasant fragrance and taste. I would give a 5 stars for this recipe.
- 1 ½ cup almond flour (almond meal)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cups honey
- 1/3 cups Tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon sesame seed
- Sesame seeds for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking cookie tray with parchment paper
- In a bowl mix together almond flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons sesame seed, and salt
- In a separate bowl combine together honey, tahini and vanilla extract
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. (Note: the mixture will look like an oily dough)
- Spread rest of the sesame seed on a flat surface
- With dry hands scoop small amounts – size of a marble and roll into a ball between your palms.
- Roll the cookies in sesame seed and place on the cookie sheet.
- Flatten the cookies slightly with the back of a fork
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until the bottom of cookie is golden
- Leave cookies on the baking tray for about 10 minutes (Note: immediately after baking, the cookies will be extremely soft and will look as if it is not baked enough. But once it cools to room temperature, it will harden and become lightly crunchy and chewy)
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container for about 2 days.
Yields: 30 cookies
Source: Slightly modified from honey tahini cookies from Food & Wine website