I have been looking for a recipe where I can use the lemon grass I bought earlier. So I found this Vietnamese which I modified since I could not find the spices mentioned in the recipe. So I used the red Thai curry paste instead of the spice powder. But it turned out delicious and spicy.
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 3-4 garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 stalk of lemon grass
- 1 teaspoon red Thai curry paste
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ lb string (green) beans
- 1 medium potatoes
- 1 ½ cups water
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl mix together red Thai curry paste and coconut milk and set aside
- Cut both ends of lemon grass and cut into 2 pieces. Smash the 2 pieces with a knife to release the flavor.
- Split green beans lengthwise and then cut into about 1 inch pieces
- Peel and cut potatoes into about ½ inc cubes
- Add oil to a saucepan and add ginger and garlic and saute for a minute or until garlic turns lightly golden.
- Add lemon grass and fry for a minute
- Add chopped potatoes, green beans, chili powder, salt and red curry paste mixture, and water.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until the gravy thickens.
- Serve warm with rice or any flat bread (Indian Naan, Roti, Chappathi etc.)
Source: Adapted and modified from Vietnamese Potato and Green Been Curry