I have been in the mood of making zucchini recipes. It is the time to get a lot of fresh zucchinis in the market and normally I am not a fan of zucchini. But after baking a few recipes, I fell in love with zucchini. This unique recipe combines the flavor of cardamom and nutmeg. The loaf is very soft inside and crunchy outside. Topping with sunflower seed gives an extra crunchy flavor.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup amaranth flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly grease
- Spread grated zucchini on a paper towel to absorb extra juice.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, amaranth flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg and set aside.
- Beat egg and sugar together and gradually add the oil.
- Mix in the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Mix in grated zucchini and walnuts
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with sunflower seeds
- Bake for about one hour or a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Let cool in the pan for about 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely
- Since the loaf tend to dry, wrap with a aluminum foil.
- Makes one 9 x 5 loaf