- ½ cup oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground flax seek
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled and shredded apple
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment and lightly grease and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together ground flax seed and water.
- In a large bowl beat together oil and sugar. Combine flax seed mixture, vanilla extract, and soy milk into the egg mixture
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix in dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Now add shredded apple, cranberries, and walnuts and gently mix with a spatulla
- Transfer batter into the loaf pan and bake for about 60 minutes or a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Let stand for 10 minutes in pan. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Source: Adapted and modified from Better Homes and Gardens apple pie bread