- 1 cup cut bottle gourd
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3-4 shallots
- 1-2 small green chilies slit lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon urad dhal
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Slit bottle gourd length wise and remove seeds. Cut bottle gourd into 1/2 inch cubes
- Add oil to a saucepan and add mustard seeds
- Once mustard seed start splattering, add urad dhal, and cumin seed and fry until urad dhal is lightly browned
- Add curry leaves and fry for another minute.
- Add cut bottle gourd, shallots, green chilies, water, coconut milk, and salt and cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.