I have been cooking cauliflower curry in the traditional way – simple cauliflower or cauliflower and potatoes. I thought to try something totally different today. I had a big head of cauliflower and was wondering what I can make with this cauliflower that is totally different. Checked my fridge and there it is – a big box of white mushroom. This recipe came out of this combination – cauliflower and mushroom.
- 8 oz cauliflower florets
- about 2-3 oz sliced white mushroom
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 4-5 garlic cloves thinly sliced and chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup water
- about 1/4 cup or less soy milk
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Dry roast cumin and coriander and once cool grind into powder. Set aside
- Add oil to a large saucepan and once hot add onion and garlic and saute until lightly browned
- Add chopped tomato, chili powder, water, and salt and cook on low flame until it becomes sauce consistency
- Add cauliflower and mushroom and cover and cook on low flame for about 10 minutes. Check frequently to make sure it does not get too dry. If it becomes, add a little water at a time.
- After 10 minutes, add the ground cumin-coriander powder, and soy milk and combine to mix and cook on medium flame for another 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked and sauce/gravy is thickened.
- Serve with rice or roti