I know Monday’s – all the fun and chores over the weekend, and here we are back to another Monday. Today was not so cold and I felt like something fruity. While I was shopping for cereal yesterday, I found this “Hudson Mill” pancake mix and immediately grabbed it. I don’t even know what made me grab this box – may be the colorful packing or the ingredients ? :). I made pancakes from this mix a couple of times and yes, they were really good. I have tried the whole wheat buttermilk pancake mix and the one with flax seed.
So this morning I thought to give it a twist. Throw some goodies into it and see how it turns out. I had some fresh blueberries in the refrigerator and some fragrant toasted granola in my kitchen cabinet. I added these to the mix and the pancakes turned out fantastic – soft with bubbly blueberries and a little bit chewy from the granola. So here is the recipe according to the package directions:
For the pancake from the package:
- 3/4 cups pancake mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted granola
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Make the pancake batter according to package directions (mix all the pancake ingredients)
- Add granola and blueberries and mix
- Add a little butter to a pancake griddle or skillet and when hot, add a spoonful of batter and cook for a minute
- Turn over and cook for about one to two minutes
- Serve with your favorite syrup and butter if you like
Enjoy this simple but a wholesome healthy breakfast.
Makes about 4-6 pancakes.