I love almonds especially when roasted. Instead of spending a lot of money, I thought of making my own spiced almonds. They are expensive. Since this is the first time, I thought of going a bit easy on the spice side. Just cinnamon to give a nice flavor. Since this came out so good, I will definitely be making different ways with different spices and different nuts. They will be posted as soon as I make them. Until then enjoy this simple one.
- 1 cup whole almonds with skin
- 1 teaspoon butter at room temperature
- ¾ teaspoon dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and spread evenly on a cookie sheet and roast for 10 minutes
- Let cool and store in an air tight container.