Spring is here – means lots of fresh veggies, fruits, and salad on my menu. Making salad dressing is no rocket science, but what I love is making some thing so different which comes out of the blue. I have seen strawberry vinaigrette, Tangerine dressing but has never seen a salad dressing made with Kiwi fruit. So I thought of giving a try with this fruit and for my amazement it came out pretty good. The sweet and sour taste of salad dressing compensates the bitter tangy taste of Arugula. Now I am in a role of making salad dressings with different fruits or veggies or what ever comes to my mind. I will definitely be posting more.
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ½ of a small fennel bulb
- 6 grape tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 very ripe kiwi fruit
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon champagne vinegar
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Toasted almonds for topping
- To make the salad dressing, peel and roughly cut kiwi. Put cut kiwi, vinegar, honey, and salt and pepper in a food processer and puree until smooth.
- Thinly slice fennel bulb and just roast for five minutes without any oil in an oven toaster
- Quarter cherry tomatoes. Peel and cut avocados into thick slices.
- Add all the salad ingredients into a large bowl and add prepared salad dressing and mix well
- Divide into 2 salad bowls
- Top with toasted almonds
- Yields: 2 servings