It is summer and farmer’s market and groceries are full of fresh vegetables. In this 90 degree temperature, I don’t think any one would enjoy standing in front of a hot stove or oven and cooking something for dinner. Especially I don’t. So I have been trying different salads and this came out to be one of my favorite and it so simple and easy to make with just a few ingredients.
- 2 cups baby arugula (rocket)
- 3 medium sized strawberries halved and sliced
- 6 grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vegan mayonnaise
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Sweet and spiced almonds roughly chopped
- To make the salad dressing mix together the olive oil, mayonnaise, salt and pepper
- Add arugula, strawberries, grape tomatoes to a salad bowl and add salad dressing and mix thoroughly
- Divide salad into 2 bowls and top with almonds and feta cheese
- See recipe here for sweet and spicy almonds.
- Makes: 2 servings.