It’s been so long since I published any recipes. I have to say, I haven’t tried any new recipes as well for a while. It’s been hectic with a new job and then a lay-off, looking for a job etc. Finally I thought, I have to get back on my normal life and start cooking and baking. But I didn’t want to make anything complicated and came up with this banana bread. I found this recipe in the “Better Homes & Gardens” website and modified a little bit.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup mashed banana (2-3 bananas)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F. line a 9×5 loaf pan with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Chop ¼ macadamia nuts into fine pieces and chop the other half roughly into big pieces.
- In a large bowl sift together flours. Mix in baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside
- In a separate bowl lightly beat the egg. Add coconut milk, sugar, cooking oil and mix well. Fold in mashed bananas in incorporate it well into the coconut milk mixture
- Slowly fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add dried ingredients in to the banana mixture and mix well. Do not over mix
- Add ¼ cup of roughly chopped macadamia nuts and mix
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the coconut and reserved almond and bake for about 50 minutes.
- Half way through baking, cover the top of bread with an aluminum foil to avoid any browning of coconut and macadamia nuts.
- Cool on wire rack until it becomes room temperature.