This recipe has been in my mind for a while and some how I have missed it. I saw this recipe on Better Homes and Gardens website probably 2 years ago. Finally I had a chance to make this yummy bars. These bars are so healthy and packed with nutrition. I omitted the cream cheese frosting since I am not a person who enjoys cream cheese. They were quite tasty as is withouth the frosting. But you can get the full recipe from Better Homes and Gardens web page. I changed the recipe slightly from the original one.
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup cooking oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups grated carrot
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 13x9x2 cake tin with parchment paper and grease lightly with butter
- Spread grated zucchini on a paper towel and set aside. You don’t need to do this for shredded carrots since zucchini has high water content and we have to remove them. Otherwise the bars will become sticky and mushy
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and ground ginger and set aside
- In a large bowl beat eggs. Add sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and honey and mix thoroughly until mixture is creamy and smooth
- Combine the wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Fold in shredded carrots, zucchini, cranberries, and walnuts and stir until just combined
- Spread mixture on an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.